My Gluten Free Christmas And What I'm Thankful For

I'm not the type of person who asks for much each year when Christmas comes around. Actually, I don't ask for anything. My family likes to say I'm the hardest person to shop for, which I will admit is true. But really, I just have so much to be thankful for already and I feel like I have everything I would ever need! Christmas is always one of my favorite times of the year since I get to spend it with the ones I love. This year, I was extremely surprised by the gifts my parents got me and had a wonderful gluten-free dinner as well.

My old TV on the right and new TV on the left!
What I got for Christmas:
I usually don't ask for much each Christmas so what my parents got me this year really surprised me! I got a brand new TV since my previous one I've had since I was about 5 years old. I also got a brand new mattress since I've had since I was little so that was much needed! I'm always thankful for what I get every year, but this year my parents really went out of their way and I couldn't be happier.

My delicious, naturally gluten-free Christmas dinner!

My naturally gluten-free dinner:
Our gluten-free dinner seems to get better and better every year. We usually make the same things but this year we tried to make our dinner a little bit different. Our entire Christmas dinner was naturally gluten-free which meant there was no chance of accidental glutening! This was great to me because sometimes it's scary to think what you're eating may make you sick. So having a naturally gluten-free dinner including potato wedges, cashew broccoli, ham, sweetened squash, and risotto was great to have this year!


What I'm thankful for:
Christmas makes me realize every year how thankful I really am for all I have. When I was younger, I wasn't always able to get the things I wanted for Christmas. Small things like legos or toys were what I got most excited about. Not TVs, electronics, or any of the amazing stuff I'm fortunate to have now. My parents have taught me that if you want those things then you have to work hard for them because they shouldn't be given to you. I'm thankful to have parents who have taught me such great moral values to raise me to be the person I am today. I'm thankful to live in a place with a roof over my head, to have food on the table whenever I'm hungry, and to have a safe place to stay every night. Those are some things some people don't have that we shouldn't take for granted. For every little thing you get during the holidays or even year round, be thankful for what you have. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have what we have and I'm very thankful to be where I am today all because of my parents.


What was your Christmas like? Did you have a good gluten-free experience for food this year? Comment below!
NewerStories OlderStories Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment